Dehydrating Apples









Here is how I dehydrate them

1.Wash the apples really well. Peel them and core them..( i have heard that you can leave the seeds and they will fall out when dried, but I have never tried that)

2.I use my veggie slicer , using my thinnest attachment. And I slice them from the top of the apple to the bottom.


3. I dry them in the oven at the lowest possible setting.between 135=180F. I your oven setting won't go that low you can prop the door open slightly using a kitchen towel.

4. Soak the slices in lemon water. In a large bowl 2 cups water and 1/2 cup lemon juice..I use bottled lemon juice.


5. Drain the slices and pat them dry, Place them single layer on parchment paper. It usually takes about 12 hours.. The slices should be dry but pliable.

6. I store mine in mason jars with tightly closed lids.

Or you could use a food dehydrator..following manufactures directions

Pennywise Cottage is saving her pennies wisely for one of these: I will need to save fast before the sale is over...LOL

L Equip 306220 Filter Pro Dehydrator (Google Affiliate Ad)

Comments

Popular Posts